Thursday, May 29, 2008

Half Day Off

Took half the day off yesterday! Went to Orchard Road with KC and we had lunch at the Takashimaya basement foodcourt. I wanted to try the Kimchi soup at Manna. KC ordered the Beef soup. The Kimchi soup included tofu, tang hoon, kimchi (of course) and pork (I think). Comes with a bowl of rice also.

The Kimchi soup was delicious! Maybe I am easily satisfied! KC's Beef soup was delicious too but not spicy.

After lunch, we went to Isetan Scotts to check out the supermarket. KC wanted to buy some ingredients to make Chawanmushi. We spent quite some time wandering around. I saw Ume preztels at the snacks section! I have not had these for years! When we went to Tokyo last year, we couldn't find them! I bought 15 packets yesterday! Happiness is Ume pretzels! ^^


After that, we walked back to Takashimaya where KC bought a packet of durian for her boyfriend. At the foodcourt once again, we decided to try the Korean spicy rice cakes from Dongdaemun, the snack stand. One tiny portion cost $3! It was quite expensive! Anyway, we feel that the sauce is spicy, just the way I think it should be! Love spicy stuff! At $3 a pop, I might have to reconsider before trying it again. >_<~


We also stopped by Kinokuniya for a while to look at cookbooks. Guess we were still hungry, haha!
We made a final stop at Plaza Singapura's Carrefour.
All in all, we had a great afternoon!

No comments: