Friday, May 30, 2008

Brooklyn Flea

If you like flea markets, you might enjoy Brooklyn Flea, one of the largest outdoor market in New York City. I was there for the 1st one, on Sunday, April 6 2008. Brooklyn Flea takes place every Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm, rain or shine, at Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School in Fort Greene, Brooklyn, on Lafayette Ave. between Clermont and Vanderbilt Ave.

On April 6, I took the A train from 72nd St to Brooklyn. As some of the trains were off service on that day (Sunday), I had a slight panic attack as the subway route that I planned no longer worked. In the end, all worked out fine and I found the flea market without any trouble. It was such a cold day that day! I remembered it was very windy and my hands were cold all the time.

This flea market is a lot more upscale than I thought. They have some very interesting things but most of them are expensive.
My main aim was to see Lotta Anderson, one of my favorite designers! She was there! I bought her book, Simple Sewing and had it autographed!


No comments: