Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chowon Garden Korean Restaurant

On 17 May 2008, Saturday, we went to Chowon Garden Korean Restaurant for lunch. Found out about this place when I was doing a Google search for Korean restaurants. As we have not been there before, we are full of anticipation! ^^

Reach the place around 12.15 pm...I know, I know, a bit early for lunch but hey, we skipped breakfast! The restaurant is located just next to the Red Dot Museum. We went in and found the place to be pretty empty but I guess we're a little early for the weekend lunch crowd!

Here's the place! It's the type of Korean restaurant that I always wanted to try! You get to sit on the floor to eat! Haha! When I went to Seoul, I didn't have the chance to eat at such a place! There is a big TV also and when we were there, KBS 2 was on. Now, we have Starhub's KBS World but we wondered how did they get KBS 2?

We asked the Korean boss and she told us they got it from a Korean company. Wow. of course, KBS 2 is all broadcasted in Korean, no subtitles whatsoever. We enjoyed the Korean commercials though! Fun!

Okay! We ordered the chicken set, the pork set, seafood pancake and kimchi soup. All were yummy! Well, we are easily pleased! The banchan provided are the usual assortment of kimchi, beansprouts etc. We really liked the kimchi! It tastes exactly the same as the ones we loved in Seoul!

Kimchi soup...wow, I love this! This was the first time I had it and it's so good!
3 of us spent a total of $56 for this meal and yes, we would go back again...next month!

Here's the address if you'll like to try the place:
#01-01, Airview Building
No.2 Peck Seah Street
Singapore 079305

No comments: