Friday, June 20, 2008

Gochujang Udon

Mom created something new (at least to me) yesterday for my dinner. She used gochujang, chili powder, soup stock, enoki mushrooms, seaweed, tofu and made Gochujang Udon! It was so good, I am having it again tonight!

I took pictures of the gochugang and chili powder I purchased from Sol Mart. There were 2 types of chili powder. One is mildly spicy and the other is more spicy. Being the adventurous type (at least when it comes to spices), I chose the more spicy version. At SGD$13.90 for 200 grams of chili powder, it was really expensive! For gochugang, there are a few varieties to choose from. In the end, I decided to get the one with no MSG. I think I paid $15.90 for a 1kg tub.
You can also buy the chili powder from Scotts Isetan's basement supermarket. They are selling it at SGD$4.00 per 100 grams. Much more civilized compared to what I paid for!

We're having a mini Korean party next Tuesday! Mom will make the spicy rice cakes again! Can't wait! ^^

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, I cannot find gochujang with no MSG. Which brand did you find with no MSG?

Thanks!

Jeremy